What is Lomi Lomi Nui Massage ?
What is Lomi Lomi Nui Massage? This massage originated in Hawaii and was practiced for hundreds of years by local masters, shamans called Kahunas. Lomi Lomi massage was a kind of a mystical ritual, dedicated to people who were supposed to undergo transformation, and initiation into a new life. It was most often performed for rulers and people higher in the social hierarchy. For the Hawaiians it was and is an extremely important part of their culture and tradition of healing by touch, a family tradition passed down from generation to generation, a secret art of healing for hundreds of years hidden from the world. Only recently, in modern times, when it was perceived that Hawaiian culture was beginning to disappear did the Council of Elders decide to share it with the rest of the world.
What does a Lomi Lomi Nui massage look like ?
AVAILABLE MASSAGE VERSIONS:
Lomi Lomi Nui Massage
This version of massage comes from the tradition of Kahuna Abraham Kawai and his Kahuna Bodywork method, which is now being passed on from Aloha International by Susan Painu Floyd.
Lomi Lomi Nui is not just a massage, it is about working with the body at the level of the body and its energy in order to bring the body to a state where a natural transformation takes place, a change in the vibrational space of our heart. Visually and technically, it is characterised by the fact that the forearms are used for the massage and the hands are an extension, a complement. The massage movement starts with the legs and the rest of the body follows. The legs move around the massage table in an alternating dance rhythm called Fregata.
Lomi Lomi Massage means more than the massage itself, because apart from the massage movements, passive movements of the limbs are performed in order to stretch the muscles, relax the joints and restore their proper mobility and above all to improve the flow of energy in the body. In this massage, we work mostly with forearms, which makes the massage recipient feel enveloped by the masseur’s arms. This wrapping and closeness strengthen the effect of the massage and, what is most surprising, it also gives an extraordinary feeling of safety. This opens our hearts, which in turn triggers a transformative process that makes us feel as if we have been born again.
Lomi Lomi Massage What it means is that it is a transformative massagethatleads to healing. It restores the balance between body, mind and spirit. It releases any blockages, existing in the so-called body memory, disturbing the free flow of energy. Supports blood and lymph circulation. Gives you energy. Allows you to achieve a state of lightness and joy. Has an anti-stress effect, alleviates depression and neurosis. Restores the original and natural harmony of man.
Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Nui Massage
Why you should Enjoy a Lomi Lomi Nui massage
For those interested, it is also possible to sign up for Lomi Lomi massage course.
Make an appointment for a massage:
tel. +48 663 700 514
* each massage session consists of: an introductory talk, during which we establish the subject of the work (duration from 0,5 to 1 hour), the massage (duration above), and time for your integration
Full body Kala massage
Lomi Lomi Kala
The Hawaiian Islands are far away from the mainland. As a result, for a long time, until the arrival of the first outsiders, the Hawaiians were free from any influences from other cultures. This special situation meant that the Hawaiians had a special bond with nature. The human body, nudity and touch were natural. This was also the indigenous Lomi Lomi massage. The body was a whole. It was not covered or separated from anything; every part of it was perfect.
Lomi Kala is a massage that arose from the desire to restore nakedness to its former glory. Only the naked body is free from any limitations in the sensation of touch, the flow of energy in and over the body. Wrapped in tender, selfless touch, the naked body, regardless of the form in which it manifests in life, teaches us acceptance, love and respect for ourselves and the world. Lomi Lomi massage on a naked body, although technically similar to the sling version, gains a completely different dimension. Aloha.
Make an appointment for a massage:
tel. +48 663 700 514
Why come to me for a Lomi Lomi massage?
- I have over 10 years of experience in Lomi Lomi Nui practice and have been trusted by many clients who are happy to share positive feedback about my work and commitment to it
- I run Lomi Lomi Nui massage courses and have practice in guiding and preparing new students of the Hawaiian art of bodywork to also conduct deep cleansing and healing massage sessions
- Lomi Lomi massage is my passion, which was given to me by Magdalena Jokiel, Agnieszka Kawula and Susan Floyd together with Daniusia and Jerzy Adamczyk on behalf of Aloha International (the organisation that teaches Lomi all over the world)
- the Lomi Lomi massage I perform comes from the family tradition of Abraham Kawai and his system of Kahuna Bodyworkteaching
- I have participated in many workshops and trainings in the Hawaiian art of body work and more
- studying physiotherapy has given me a great deal of knowledge about the musculoskeletal system, how it works and an awareness of what I do and why I do it.
- other trainings, workshops and knowledge in the area of Far-Eastern techniques of body work enabled me to look at Lomi massage from a completely different perspective, to better understand its healing power not only on a basic physical level, but especially in energetic or psychosomatic dimension